Here are some resources I’ve put together to help people affected by peanut and tree nut allergies:
- My kids, Soren and Tessa, started peanut oral immunotherapy (OIT) (a.k.a. “peanut desensitization”) with Dr. Molis in Des Moines, Iowa on July 9, 2013. Read our story.
- Kids’ Allergies: Peanuts and Tree Nuts YouTube video
- Kids’ Allergies: Peanuts and Tree Nuts downloadable ebook
- Kids’ Allergies: Peanuts and Tree Nuts — Create a Safer Learning Environment video
- Kids’ Allergies: Peanuts and Tree Nuts — Create a Safer Learning Environment downloadable presentation
- Poster of peanuts and tree nuts inside and outside their shells
- Peanut/nut-safe snacks list blog post (the post says to read labels, rather than rely on an outdated list, since snacks’ “safe” status can change)
Here is a must-see documentary from Discovery Channel: An Emerging Epidemic: Food Allergies in America
If you or a loved one is about to undergo peanut oral immunotherapy, I highly recommend joining Liseetsa Mann’s Facebook support group: Private Practice OIT. She also has an excellent website to help you learn more about OIT and find a vetted OIT doctor: https://www.oit101.org/
Check out how we’ve responded to requests for tree nut and peanut-free snacks lists.